I received an e-mail at 4:55am today (that puts them at about noon). Mom and Tom had arrived safe and sound in Brisbane and were ready to enjoy a BBQ at Noelle & Glenn's.
Here's an exerpt from Mom's latest e-mail:
Had a nice welcome here. Everyone, including Sarah, Paul and Olivia were at the airport to meet and greet. Glen and Noelle hosted a great dinner and it was well after midnight before we fell into bed. It’s actually quite cool here. . . . . 18 deg. C. Aaron’s Jen is a real sweetie and they all made us feel very welcome. The flight was uneventful, only 10 hours from Honolulu after a good sleep, so very do-able.
Oh yeah, we got bumped up to executive (first) class from YVR to HNL. . . Wow! We each had a bed! I’ll elaborate more later. We’re going to the market and will meet the others there as well. It really hasn’t hit home yet. . . . Being on the move this much in such a short time, it just feels like yet another stop. Until we actually get established, my head can’t get past “holiday mode”. I will send photos later in the week.
The neck pillow has been very well used already. . . . It goes with me everywhere and I take my photo album in the Nana bag. . . . Dead giveaway, hey?
No comments:
Post a Comment